Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy 16 weeks!!!

Yep... you read that right, 16 weeks today! The weeks just keep flying by. It will be no time before we get to hold our baby boy or girl in our arms! And even less time until we find out what "it" is! I am on pins and needles!






Your pregnancy: 16 weeks




How your baby's growing:Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now,
he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


How your life's changing:

The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy, too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and
"glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being.Soon you'll experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy — feeling your baby move. While some women notice "quickening" as early as 16 weeks, many don't feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more. (And if this is your first baby, don't be too impatient — you may not be aware of your baby's movements until 20 weeks or so.) The earliest movements may feel like little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping. Over the following weeks they'll grow stronger and you'll be able to feel them much more frequently


Well I don't know about "glowing" skin LOL but I do feel really good! Definitely a change from the 1st trimester. More energy and less food aversions! Thank you 2nd tri!


It looks like I will be able to feel movement at any time now. I could be way off but a week ago (or so) I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom (one of many trips). I was laying in bed (to lazy to get up quite yet) and I remember thinking "what is going on with my stomach?" It felt like something was happening. Almost like bubbles but I figured if it was gas I would feel uncomfortable. Then it hit me and I thought "That's probably the BABY!". I have felt the "flutters" or "bubbles" since then but only when I am very relaxed and not really thinking about. I am thinking its the baby moving but I guess I can't be 100% sure. All I know is that I haven't felt anything like it before. I'm going with "it's the baby!"


Here's a 16 week bump pic for you! Please excuse my hot mess of a self! I keep forgetting to have Craig take a bump pic when I look half-way decent SO you get the after my work out/before the shower pic =)

It's not much, but its definitely more "bump" than I have ever had. We have noticed a change in my "size" the last week and it looks like (from the Baby Center update) the baby is about to hit a growth spurt! Maybe the bump will too =)

That's all for now! See you at 17 weeks! Almost halfway there!




1 comment:

Courtney said...

So glad you feel more energetic! It only gets better! I know you can't wait for that big bump!! You look great!