Friday, October 28, 2011

Hailey turns 1!

Happy 1st Birthday to the most beautiful baby girl in the world!
(I wrote this post on her actual birthday, but never got around to posting it!)

I seriously cannot believe that 1 year ago today (at this time) I was anxiously awaiting a call from the hospital to tell me that they had a bed ready for me and we were going to induce labor since my baby didnt feel like  coming out on her own!

So much anticipation that day! We finally got the call around 11am and made our way to the hospital, where labor and eventually delivery ensued! 

Since that day our lives have been filled with so much more love and joy than we could ever imagine. There have been plenty of ups and downs but nothing compares to the love we feel for Hailey and each other! I cant believe we made such an amazing little person! Im a teeny bit sad that the first year has gone as fast as it has, but I am very much looking forward to watching Hailey grow up into a beautiful little lady

Stats
Havent been to the doctor in awhile (thank goodness) and her 12 month check up isnt scheduled for another week, so we will have to update on height and weight another day!
  • Shes wearing a size 4 shoe
  • Size 4 diapers (been in those for AWHILE)
  • Size 24 month clothes are fitting her nicely, the legs are a little long, but I am sure that wont last long.
  • Walking? Not quite, but she is pulling up on things and walking along whatever it is any chance she gets she stands on her own on the middle of the room for 5-10 seconds she lifts her arms in the air like LOOK what I can do and laughs.
  • She mimics EVERYTHING. Time for mommy and daddy to watch their mouths!
  • She loves the doggies! Daisy is very patient w/ her when she pulls on her face and hair Roxy runs every time Hailey even looks in her direction.
  • Shes just starting to show affection on purpose. She will hold her arms out for mommy and pull me close to her and give me a hug! LOVE that!
  • Shes blowing kisses
  • She loves to play with my hair, sometimes without pulling it out of my head!
  • The kid has 11 teeth! Yep, 11 this includes two molars! She is a teething machine and is doing really good. I rarely have to give her anything for the pain. I have been surprised to find new teeth in her mouth because I had no idea she was cutting any!
  • She eats EVERYTHING except her birthday cake nice! HAHA She loves to eat.
There is so much, I could go on and on. Our little girl is definitely growing up, and fast!

(1st birthday party AND actual birthday posts and pics to come very soon!)

No comments: