Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Big 3-1!

As much as I would like to, I guess I can't let my 31st birthday slip by without mention =)

April 7th was my 31st birthday. I tried and tried to just let it creep by without notice but my friends and family weren't letting that happen.

Everyone kept asking what I wanted to do, but I couldn't think of a thing. Birthdays are a little different than they used to be. Not because I can't go out and party like I used to ;) But more because, well 31 seems kind of on the "downhill" LOL I know that sounds horrible but I don't feel like I have any birthdays to look forward to anymore. It's just a number, oh well! As long as I can celebrate with the people I love, I will be OK!

People were suggesting "get a sitter and go to dinner w/ you hubby?". WHAT?!?!??! No way... my first birthday with Hailey (outside my belly) and I wasn't about to pawn her off. I was 100% sure I wanted her there to help me celebrate =)

Thursday, the "actual birthday" rolled around and it started off a little blah, as I wasn't really looking forward to it. Strange, I have never felt that way about a birthday. For some reason 31 didn't feel special, I wasn't excited, I just wanted the day to be OVER.

I am a lucky girl and I have some special people in my life who weren't about to let my birthday slip by un-noticed.

I dropped Hailey off at my aunts and when I arrived she had a giant bottle of wine, a pretty plant and a card holding some cold hard cash waiting for me! She knows me well =)

The day rolled on and my Facebook was FILLED with birthday wishes... I honestly didn't think that many people cared. I am a lucky girl.

I went to lunch with two of my best friends... Chili's of course. A birthday isn't complete without chips and salsa! And yes... I made room to stuff myself with some enchilada soup and a yummy salad.

When I got back to work (FULLLLL as could be) my boss handed me a gift certificate for another favorite of mine, SUSHI!!!!!!!! I headed to a friends office to help her with something (Work-related, if you can't believe that ;) she says to me "did you see your cake?" to which I replied "Huh?" and she says "OOPS! I think I spoiled a surprise". When I got back to my desk my boss and another co-worker had busted out a giant "pig pickin'" cake. I was so surprised (well for the most part LOL I had kinda heard something about it already".

By the time I got home, I didn't even want to think about dinner. Doesn't sound like I ate THAT much but it wasn't sitting well. I'm normally a super healthy eater, so eating some of the things I don't eat regularly all in the same day made my stomach ache! I wasn't hungry so Craig whipped up a frozen pizza LOL it smelled so good I had to have a couple slices... and you can't have pizza without a couple of beers. I know most people don't think of frozen pizza as much of a birthday celebration meal but it was perfect for me. Craig and I have a special place in our hearts for frozen pizza LOL we often celebrate holidays that way! I sat back, relaxed and hung out with my two FAVORITE people for the rest of the evening!!!!

Finally, the weekend rolled around. Craig Hailey-sat so I could get my hair cute and my friend Deidra met me there and her husband came to our house to "help" Craig. Deidra and I headed from my hair appointment to get pedicures. MUCH needed. I never have time to do my toes anymore! I know it sounds crazy, just takes a few minutes but I am a busy girl and I rarely get the time.

Later we met up with some family for dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant. MMMMM more chips and salsa AND of course some beer =)

Me and my girl!

Me and my other girl ;) 

Me and my man!

3 comments:

J.Mo said...

Happy birthday momma!! Mine is coming up too and I'm not really looking forward to it either...

Julie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a nice one. I was the same as you I wanted to spend my birthday with my baby. Wish I could've been there to celebrate with you. Love you :)

Courtney said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Yum sushi. Having some tonight! I'll think about you!