Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter and My 30th Birthday!

Aside from my pregnancy updates I have been a COMPLETE slacker on my blogging these days. Yes… we are expecting a baby but we have still been having SOME fun =)


Easter has come and gone. Every year we spend Easter at Sand Mountain. This year was no different! We headed up to Sand Mountin on the Thursday before Easter… April Fools Day to be exact. (That part comes in soon) We arrived around 7:30pm and unloaded and set up the trailer. The boys couldn't WAIT to go on a ride in their new Rzrs! They hadn't gotten a chance to ride them at Sand Mountain yet. If I remember correctly they took a quick spin and came right back and left again shortly after. Well about 10-15 minutes went by and the boys were all pulling up again. All of the sudden boy after boy after boy starts piling into our trailer. I asked what they were doing back so soon and I hear "Craig rolled the Rzr". You can imagine my shock and then I remembered "it's April Fools Day" so I said "Oh… ha ha… April Fools, right?" Hoping it was a joke. Craig walks in the door and says "Not April Fools" and he looks a little stressed. Then I see his arm… blood soaking through his sweatshirt. O M G!!!!!!! He took off his sweatshirt and the light grey thermal he had on underneath it was literally DRENCHED in blood! He took the thermal off and there was a gaping HOLE in his arm! Not only was it a hole but there was fatty/muscle tissue sticking out of it. I got light headed and damn near passed out! I had to sit down. That and the fact that we had about 15 people in our trailer was a lot to deal with! I asked him (knowing the answer) if he wanted to go to the hospital. Luckily he said YES (some guys are the "I'm fine" type) because he obviously needed stitches and we were hoping and praying nothing was broken!

Our friends Landon and Deidra were staying with us and offered to drive us to the hospital, which was about 1/2 hour away... At this point it was about 9:30. We got to the hospital… seemed pretty slow in there and we got right in to the "trauma" area. They checked Craig's arm out and made sure he could move his fingers and arm and then pretty much left us for awhile… came back to give him some meds… left again… came back to clean the wound… left again… came back to do x-rays… left again. 4 HOURS LATER we were out of there with 3 stitches. (Poor Landon and Deidra! They waited in the waiting room for us the whole time!) The doctor didn't want to stitch up the whole would so as not to prevent it from healing by not letting it "breath". Thankfully nothing was broken.

That was pretty much the highlight (if you want to call it that) of our Easter weekend! The weather at Sand Mountain wasn't the best, so we spent most of the time inside =(

I am going to post a few pics… Be WARNED these pics are VERY graphic… If you have a weak stomach, you might not want to scroll down!


Before the cleaning...

After some cleaning...

Disgusting side view!

On a lighter note my 30th birthday was the next week! My "actual birthday" fell on a Wednesday and I got spoiled by being taken out to lunch and dinner and stuffed silly. The real celebration took place on Saturday. I always imagined I would have a raging 30th birthday party, but that plan changed when I found out I was pregnant. I took full advantage of the "celebration" part and spent the day with my girls getting mani's, pedi's and a massage! (I am not longer a massage virgin!). It was an amazing day… to say the least! As if that wasn't enough, we went to dinner that night at my favorite Mexican place! YUMMMMMMY! More stuffing myself! I was completely spoiled and got some gift cards, CASH, My FAVE cereal (that I may or may not be addicted to) SPECIAL K RED BERRIES and the last book in the Twilight saga Breaking Dawn! What an awesome day! I couldn’t have asked for a better 30th birthday and THANK YOU to everyone who helped me celebrate. I love my family and friends!


So that's what's been going on… aside from the pregnancy! Obviously being pregnant is on my mind 27/4 but we still find time to have fun!

1 comment:

Nicci said...

Ouch,ouch , pain...all I can say.