Monday, June 22, 2009

Ft Bragg Rocked!

We are back from a quick little weekend getaway to Fort Bragg, CA to celebrate Father's Day and Eddie's 55th birthday!


WE had such an awesome time. It was so nice to camp without dirt bikes and quads constantly ripping by! The sound of the waves crashing on the beach never get old!

I had to work 1/2 day on Friday, so Craig and I arrived a little later than everyone else. It was a little windy and cold. We hung out for awhile and visited with Craig's grandparents who are visiting from Henderson, NV. I think its been over a year since we saw them last so it was nice catching up!

We also got to visit with our new nephew AUSTIN! Talk about the cutest baby ever! All the kid does is sleeps! He's such a good baby. When he is awake he is quiet and mellow! Just the way I like em!

Saturday night we had a big dinner celebration with everyone for "Big Ed's" birthday. It was potluck style, so we got to try all kinds of good food. The "main event" (I would say) was the abalone that Matt and Jennifer dove for early that morning. (Yes… Jennifer is already diving 3 weeks after giving birth to a 10lb 12oz baby… naturally I might add!!!) Talk about fresh! I had never tried it before. They covered it in bread crumbs and fried it! What's not to like? It was SO good!

Sunday rolled around and we celebrated Father's Day by "letting" the fathers cook everyone breakfast! Hey… they really enjoy it! We sat around and all the "dads" opened their gifts. Good times.

Craig and I had to get back home for work today so we left around noon. Everyone else is staying until Wednesday. I was totally bummed to leave. We had an awesome time and I can't get enough of the beach!

I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did!

Here are some pics…

No comments: