Tuesday, August 10, 2010

30 WEEKS! A day early...

I know this isn't technically any kind of milestone but 30 WEEKS?!?!?! OMG I can't believe we have hit the 30 week mark! Just 10 weeks 'til we meet HAILEY! I am sure that soon I will start getting nervous/antzy about labor and delivery but I am ok right now! I am hoping not to have a c-section, but there's really no way to prevent it if that's what I have to do. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that I don't go over my due date. I have had probably the BEST pregnancy possible so far (knock on wood!) and I hope that everything continues to go as well as it has up until now.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I will update this post if anything interesting happens!


Your pregnancy: 30 weeks


How your baby's growing:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

How your life's changing:

You may be feeling a little tired these days, especially if you're having trouble sleeping. You might also feel clumsier than normal, which is perfectly understandable. Not only are you heavier, but the concentration of weight in your pregnant belly causes a shift in your center of gravity. Plus, thanks to hormonal changes, your ligaments are more lax, so your joints are looser, which may also contribute to your balance being a bit off. Also, this relaxation of your ligaments can actually cause your feet to spread permanently, so you may have to invest in some new shoes in a bigger size.

Remember those mood swings you had earlier in pregnancy? The combination of uncomfortable symptoms and hormonal changes can result in a return of those emotional ups and downs. It's normal to worry about what your labor will be like or whether you'll be a good parent. But if you can't shake the blues or feel increasingly irritable or agitated, talk to your doctor or midwife. You may be among the 1 in 10 expectant women who battle depression during pregnancy. Also let your caregiver know if you're frequently nervous or anxious.

I am still feeling really good. A little more tired lately than before, but that's to be expected (as mentioned above). I am noticing I am a little more irritable LOL… I will blame that on hormones and fatigue.

I counted up the "working days" I have left until maternity leave. Only 28 days of work to go! I let my boss in on that little piece of info yesterday and she looked at me like a deer in the headlights and said "I have no plan!" Uh… seems like it's probably time to start thinking about that, don't you think?

I am STILL working out regularly. Some days are much harder than others, but I know that I will be so much happier if I keep it up! Plus, I am sure it's helping with my moods and energy level… to mention weight gain! I have gained 25lbs at this point. I was hoping to only gain 30 throughout the entire pregnancy. We will see how that goes but it's likely tha tI will gain a little more. I am feeling pretty good about where I am right now. My doctor told me I could gain up to 40lbs (1 lb/week). According to him, I am right on track.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I am sorry I have not emailed you back -- but wanted to post & say congratulations on 30 weeks!! I hope your drs appt goes well tomorrow! I am so happy that you are still feeling so good and very jealous that you only have 28 days left of work too!! Very nice!!